- » Focus and Scope
- » Section Policies
- » Peer Review Process
- » Publication Frequency
- » Categories
- » Licences
- » Indexing
Focus and Scope
The Electronic Journal @tic. revista d’innovació educativa (@tic) with ISSN: 1989 - 3477 and Legal Deposit: V5051-2008 is published by the Servei de Formació Permanent i Innovació Educativa of the Universitat de València (UV) and located at the Centre de Formació i Qualitat "Manuel Sanchis Guarner" (Campus dels Tarongers, Valencia, Spain).
@tic. revista d´innovació educative is an Open Access Journal to be consistent with the agreement made by the Universitat de València when signing the Berlin Declaration (ACG194/2008). This agreement implies open access both to knowledge collected for centuries and to knowledge produced in this institution. Thus, the knowledge reverts itself in our national and international environment and hence improves knowledge transfer and academic and scientific discussions and reflections.
Since 2008, this journal is published twice a year in December and June between the 20th and the 24th. There is a Spring issue (January – June) and an Autumn issue (July – December).
Since issue number 8, the journal provides a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) system managed by the Servei de Biblioteques i Documentació of the Universitat de València.
@tic. revista d’innovació educativa is indexed in DICE (Dissemination and Editorial Quality of Spanish Journals in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Law), CIRC (Integrated Scientific Journals Classification), Academic Search Premier, ISOC (Databases of Social Science and Humanity journals), Latindex (regional system of online information for scientific journals in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal) and e-journals (see updated list here). The list continues to expand.
Scope and editorial policy
@tic. revista d’innovació educativa publishes unpublished and reviewed papers on topics related to educational innovation, Information Technology and Communication (ICT), education and evaluative methodologies and, in general, to academic teaching in every form but basically related to university and continuing education. The journal is a natural result of the confluence between ICT and teaching promoted by the Universitat de València over the past few years at a time when this confluence becomes as important as research activity itself.
The published work must be original, that is, it must not have been published or submitted for publication in any other medium. Indeed, it is the authors' responsibility to comply with this rule.
@tic. revista d’innovació educativa publishes research results, studies, experiences and current issues.
- Articles: the papers should present investigations made by the author(s) on a subject according to the journal's thematic lines.The length for articles is of 4,500 to 6,500 words (references not included).
- DOCENTIC: studies, applications and practical experiences of educational innovation and current issues within the scope of the journal should be presented in this category. The length is of 4,000 to 5,000 words (references not included).
- Monographs: On some occasions @tic. revista d’innovació educative also publishes monographs which are planned and managed by a theme editor. When it comes to this category it will be announced sufficiently in advance in the corresponding Call for Papers. The section Monographs is published along with the other regular categories of the journal Article and DOCENTIC.
@tic. revista d’innovació educativa uses the Open Journals Systems software for management and publishing support automating the publishing procedure.
It is developed as follows:1. Authors must submit manuscripts to @tic. revista d’innovació educativa through an internet platform. To access the platform authors have to do the following steps:
- Authors must register on the website: http://www.uv.es/attic (Tutorial: Registration procedure)
- Before uploading the manuscript authors are asked to perform certain confirmations (Declaration of Authorship and Originality, Statement of Exclusivity, Conflict-of-Interest Statement, Approval on open-access publishing, etc.)
Other optional documents:
- Document that includes the name and surname of each of the authors, the authors´ affiliations, email address and contact details, acknowledgments, funding and any other data authors want to record. FRONT PAGE. Mandatory document.
- A photograph of each of the authors (preferred formats: JPG, TIF or PNG) in high-quality (150 dpi or higher)
- Any other documents deemed necessary for the proper processing, understanding and evaluation of the article.
2. The following additional files may be sent as well:
3. Before sending the file authors should check if the metadata submitted to the platform is correct (See Tutorial for Authors).
Note: The overall file size should not exceed 3MB. If the file exceeds the maximum file size, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the article to which it belongs. The editor will send a confirmation message and merge documents together.
4. Authors receive a confirmation of manuscript submission via e-mail within 5 days of reception of the manuscript. Within thirty days of reception authors receive an email in terms of the decision that has been made on their manuscript:
- The paper has been accepted by the Editorial Board and sent out to be reviewed by two referees.
- The paper has been rejected by the Editorial Board before entering the peer review process when it is considered to be lacking important formal and thematic aspects. In this case the proceedings are not continued.
- Authors are asked to make formal and thematic changes before the paper is sent out to be reviewed.
The manuscripts will be evaluated anonymously (double-blind peer review) by a minimum of two referees. @tic committed itself to respect the recommendations of the reviewers.5. The following criteria are applied in terms of the referees´ recommendations:
- If both referees unconditionally accept the manuscript for publication, the authors receive a confirmation via e-mail.
- If both referees reject the manuscript, it is rejected outright. In this case @tic is willing to inform the authors about the reasons for rejection.
- If the two referees disagree on the quality of the work, an additional reviewer is solicited who will then decide if the paper is going to be rejected or not.
- If a major revision is considered necessary from the referees, authors are asked to submit a modified version which will than be reviewed by the same referees again. The modified version decides if the manuscript is going to be published or not.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors may be issued certificates of the publication in the journal @tic. revista d’innovació educativa if required. If not, the certificates will be forwarded to the authors after the article has been published in the corresponding number.6. The article undergoes the proof process. The proof-reader sends page proofs to the author in a PDF file. The author notes changes or comments in a WORD or PDF document and sends it back by e-mail.
When the article is written by more than one author, @tic. revista d’innovació educativa sends page proofs only to the person designated by the group when sending the original version of the manuscript. Unless otherwise indicated to the director or the editor, e-mail exchanges are exclusively with this person. The proof-reader should receive the requested changes in only one document. In no case are changes accepted that change the final version approved by the referees.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Learning with ICT
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The manuscripts submitted to the journal @tic and regardless of the category (Article, DOCENTIC, Monographs) undergo a peer-review process or a blind, peer-review process.
First, the Editorial Board preselects the manuscripts. During this process it is decided if the submitted papers comply with the thematic and formal requirements of the publication guidelines of the journal @tic. revista d’innovació educativa.
Papers that do not meet these requirements will not undergo the next phase of the peer- review process.
The reviewers have an Evaluation protocol for the process of evaluation which is publicly accessible, as well as some Evaluation guidelines and a Online Form (same than the Evaluation Protocol, but online and on the platform) that must be filled out to complete the procedure. Reviewers are asked to handle in their evaluations within 50 days from confirming their availability. The manuscripts are evaluated anonymously, that is the author is not informed about who is reviewing the paper.
Taking into account the reviewers´ evaluations, the Editorial Board decides if the paper is rejected or accepted for publication. They also decide about the changes and modifications considered appropriate.
Note: The papers are reviewed by external reviewers who are neither from the Scientific Committee nor from the Editorial Board or from the Universitat de València, the publisher of the journal.
The Scientific Board will decide about the publishing of monographic issues. The journal has a bi-annual frequency. The contents will appear in Autumn and in Spring.
Each year, we will publish in the Announces section a list with this year reviewers.
Open Access Policy
This journal offers free and inmediate access to its content because we think that an open and free access to investigation results and data for everyone can benefit global knowledge.
Each volume may include the following categories:1. Editorial
2. Articles: Research papers with methodological apparatus focusing on the use and application of new technologies for educational purposes or new teaching methodologies. They may be based on experiences or case studies but should be presented as research. Section is indexed and peer reviewed.
The recommended length is of 4,500 to 6,500 words (bibliography not included). Furthermore, supplementary material, videos, etc. may be provided including a link to the website of the project or the product.
3. DOCENTIC: This category includes all types of papers describing studies, applications and practical experiences of educational innovation as well as issues of topicality within the scope of the journal. The recommended length is of 4,000 to 5,000 words (references not included). Section is indexed and peer reviewed.
The recommended length is of 4,000 to 5,000 words (bibliography not included). Use footnotes.
4. Monographs: Papers presented in this category may be both studies, experiences, issues of topicality, theoretical approaches and researches. In contrast to other categories, papers presented in this section must comply with the topic of the corresponding monograph. Section is indexed and peer reviewed.
The recommended length is of 4,000 to 6,500 words (bibliography not included).
When a study is presented, we recommend that it should contain the following sections which should be sequentially numbered:
1. Introduction and issue of topicality
2. Method and materials
3. Analysis, results and conclusion
Note: Authors may suggest two or three potential expert reviewers for their paper.
With the publication of issue number 10, the non-indexed categories cease to exist: Evaluation of tools, Reading room and The Pergola. @tic. revista d’innovació educativa published these categories for the last time in issue number 9 of December (July-December) 2012.
@tic. revista d’innovació educativa is an Open Access Journal, and all its contents are publicly accessible. There is consensus among the editorial team that making research data available freely online and promoting open online spaces for discussion and reflection, contributes to a greater global exchange of knowledge. The contents are protected by Creative Commons License of type Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Authors who publish in @tic. revista d’innovació educativa must agree to the terms of the license before the manuscript undergoes the peer-review process.
@tic. revista d'innovació educativa has been accepted and indexed in the following library catalogues and directories:
| Databases for the Identification, Evaluation and Impact of Scientific Journals
Emerging Sources Citation Index de Web of Science
CIRC. Categoría C
MIAR ICDS 2013: 5778
| Databases of Open Access Journals:
Recolecta: Harvester of Open Science
| Reference Directories of Journals
Library and Information Science Abstract (LISA)
Ulrichsweb. Global Serials Directory
| Libraries, Networks and Collective Catalogues
The texts published in this journal, unless otherwise indicated, are subject to a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivativeWorks 3.0.Spain licence. They may be copied, distributed and broadcast provided that the author and the journal that publishes them, @tic. revista d'innovació educativa, are cited. Commercial use and derivative works are not permitted. The full licence can be consulted on Creative Commons
Editor: Servei de Formació Permanent i Innovació Educativa. Tel. 0034 961625030 | Fax. 0034 961625032 | Valencia. España
ISSN: 1989-3477 | Depósito Legal: V5051-2008